Starting Solids
I must say that I am very proud of myself. Walker is 4 1/2 months old, weighs over 19 lbs and is still exclusively breastfed. Our little chunky monkey takes 6 oz at a time, but I am planning on bumping that up to 7 oz starting this week. So far, I have been able to keep my supply up to his needs, but that is starting to become a challenge.
I debated about when to start solids. I had planned on waiting until he was 6 months, but he seems less satisfied with breast milk recently. He also has been very interested in watching Mommy and Daddy eat- even mimicking us a we chew. I also want Walker to be a healthy eater. I want him to enjoy a variety of tastes and textures. I want him to always eat what we eat and not be afraid to try new foods. And ultimately, it came down to the fact that I had a pear that was too ripe for me to eat and I just hated to throw it away. :-)
I debated about when to start solids. I had planned on waiting until he was 6 months, but he seems less satisfied with breast milk recently. He also has been very interested in watching Mommy and Daddy eat- even mimicking us a we chew. I also want Walker to be a healthy eater. I want him to enjoy a variety of tastes and textures. I want him to always eat what we eat and not be afraid to try new foods. And ultimately, it came down to the fact that I had a pear that was too ripe for me to eat and I just hated to throw it away. :-)
Giving him his first taste of "real" food was bittersweet. It sure is fun watching him take in new experiences, but our baby is growing too fast!








No comments:
Post a Comment