Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Start of Summer

It is finally starting to look and feel like summer, and we are doing everything we can to enjoy every single minute of it!  Here are just a few highlights from Walker's first summer.

Walker and his friend Hudson have been friends since before they were born.  Julie and I met in our birthing class and stayed in touch via Facebook through the end of our pregnancies and the births of our sons.  Hudson is only 2 days younger than Walker.  They were even born at the same hospital!  In fact, Julie came to our room after Walker was born while she was in labor.  We try to get together every so often and we have a great time.  Now that the boys are getting older, they are starting to interact which is even more fun.  This month, we met at Holliday Park.

Swinging
Snack Break
Best Buddies
Playing in the Mulch
Mommy's little mulch eater
I took a vacation day last Friday and Walker and I went to the zoo with our good friends Courtney and Kevin.  Walker and I had been to the zoo once before, but it was very chilly and he really didn't seem too interested.  What a difference a month can make!  The weather was great and Walker loved seeing all the different animals!

Kevin and Walker watch the baby dolphin play ball.
Courtney and Walker watch the sea lion swim by
Mommy and Walker pose with the giraffes.
 Walker's grandma bought him a water table last weekend, and we decided to pull that out to cool down after our adventures at the zoo.





On Saturday, Walker's friend Joseph came down to visit with Grandma and Nana.  Ryan blew up the baby pool and we all tried to convince Walker that the pool was as much fun as the bathtub.  He really didn't want to sit in the water for too long, so I think it may have been to cool for his liking.










So far we are having an amazing summer!  I can't wait to make more memories with my amazing little man in the months ahead!


No comments:

Post a Comment